- Several Jello Flavors (I used Berry Blue, Watermelon, Lemon, Lime, Strawberry and Peach)
- Karo Light Corn Syrup
- Unflavored Gelatin
- Very Cold Water
- Silicon Molds (I used Dr. Who, Marvel Avengers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, hearts & icons)
- Non-stick pot & spatula
- Wire whisk
- Throw away bowl - any size.
- 1-2 storage containers
Tips before you start:
- Have a clean space to work on - not just your stove. A kitchen table or a large counter is perfect and you will need this space for prep and staging with the molds.
- You're water needs to be very cold - refrigerated cold. Not just from the cold tap.
- If working with kids, the heating process takes about 20 minutes. The cooling process after the candy is in the molds takes about 4-5 hours. Prep them for patience.
How to make homemade gummy candies - step by step:
Bring the mixture gradually up to a low boil. Let bowl for about 30 seconds then remove from the burner. Overall, the heating process should take you about 10-15 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes without stirring. This will bring all of the foam to the top and create a sticky layer that you can easily remove with your spatula. Discard the foam into your throw away bowl and...throw away!
Now that all of the white foamy stuff is gone, you have a gorgeous clear liquid candy ready for molding!
After filling the molds, let set for 4 hours at room temperature. The last hour, pop into the fridge to get some extra firmness. This will help when you try to pull them out of the molds later.
Storage: These homemade gummies will last for a few weeks if you seal and refrigerate. Though, I doubt you will stop nibbling on them. They have GREAT flavor!